Trade Visit to Macedonia & Kosovo
Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017 - Thursday, May 18, 2017
Macedonia & Kosovo
13th May to 18th May 2017
Macedonia is a Balkan nation of mountains, lakes and ancient towns with Ottoman and European architecture. The capital, Skopje, where we will be based is known for its sprawling Old Bazaar quarter and historic buildings turned museums, including the National Gallery of Macedonia, housed in a 15th-century Turkish bath complex. The southern city Ohrid, on a lake of the same name, has a medieval townscape and hilltop castle.
It is a small multi-ethnic country with a population of just over 2m and is very much open to foreign visitors and businesses. It has free trade agreements with the EU, receives around 100 million euros in EU project funding per year and is a rapidly developing market that can provide opportunities in a wide range of sectors for UK companies looking to do business abroad
Kosovo serves as an important link in the connection between central and south Europe, the Adriatic Sea, and Black Sea. It remains one of Europe's poorest countries but the economy has grown every year since independence in 2008.
As always, our Trade Visits enable you to learn more about the country visited, enjoy its culture and explore potential business opportunities. LSCC has excellent business and tourism related contacts in both countries. During the 5 days we will spend there, you can choose on an individual basis the daily emphasis you wish to place on these.
Five Star: £467 per person in double or twin room. Supplement £145 in single room.
Three Star: £424 per person in double or twin room. Supplement £88 in single room.
- Ø Return direct flights between London Luton and Skopje
- Ø Airport-hotel transfers by private coach
- Ø 5 nights stay with breakfast in 5-star city centre hotel (or 3-star)
- Ø Guided one-day visit by private coach to Kosovo
- Ø Guided walking tour of Skopje
- Ø Guided tour of Pristina by private coach
- Ø Full day guided visit by private coach to Ohrid, including lunch
- Ø Guided visit by private coach to Matka Canvon & Lake
- Ø Dinner in traditional restaurant on 13th May
- Ø Entrance fees to Grachanica Monastery & Ethnological Museum in Kosovo
- Ø Evening reception at British Ambassador's Residence
- Ø Business briefings, meetings and appointments in Macedonia & Kosovo
- Ø Visit to Chateau Kamnik including return transport; wine tasting; dinner: £36.50
- Ø Boat ride on Matka Lake; entrance to Cave Vrelo; lunch: £20.00
- 1. Prices are based on flights currently available. Prices rise, often daily, so early booking is essential.
- 2. The Chamber takes no responsibility for insurance. This is something you should arrange yourself.
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT
Gerry MacDonagh: Tel 07958 58447; Email firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Ikram Khan: Tel 07903 221164; Emai email@example.com _________________________________________________________________________
Saturday 13th May
- Depart London Luton with Wizzair; Arrive Skopje and transfer by private coach to 5-star Stone Bridge Hotel in the very centre of Skopje
- Guided walking tour of Skopje city centre
- Dinner at a traditional restaurant in Skopje Old Bazaar
Sunday 14th May
- Following breakfast we have a guided full-day tour to Ohrid Lake with 3-course fish lunch by the lakeside.
Monday 15th May
- Leave hotel for short walk to the Chamber of Commerce, followed at 10.00 by a full-day programme of reception, briefings and business meetings arranged and sponsored by the Economic chamber of Macedonia and British Business Group. The day will be opened by the British Ambassador and attended by 40+ local companies.
- Optional wine tasting and traditional Macedonian dinner at Chateau Kamnik
Tuesday 16th May
- Individual choice between (A) Business to Business meetings at Chamber of Commerce and/or company visits OR (B) Visit to Matka Lake & Canyon. Optional Boat ride on the lake plus Entrance to Cave Vrelo, one of the deepest underwater caves in Europe plus Lunch
- Reception at British Ambassador's Residence, followed by evening at leisure.
Wednesday 17th May
- Depart for guided full day visit to Kosova. On arrival there will be a short visit to the Chamber of Commerce offices and business briefing followed by individual choice between (A) Business to Business meetings at Chamber of Commerce and/or company visits OR (B) Guided tour of the Kosovan capital, Pristina, including entrance to Grachanica Monastery and the Ethnological Museum
Thursday 18th May
Depart hotel by private coach for airport and return to London