Visit to Belgrade
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - Saturday, May 26, 2018
22nd May to 26th May 2017
Belgrade is the capital of Serbia, a country in the west-central Balkans which, for much of the 20th century was part of Yugoslavia. It became a stand-alone republic in 2006, marking the final phase in the separation of the six republics that constituted the old Socialist Republic of Yugoslavia: Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Macedonia.
Italy and Germany are currently Serbia's main trading partners. Unlike other former parts of the Yugoslav federation, it has in the past received relatively little foreign investment. The legacy of warfare and sanctions by the United States and the EU left it generally unattractive to foreign investors. This situation has now changed, with the economy growing and the country keen to develop greater economic and trade links with western Europe.
Our May visit is being organised with the assistance and co-operation of the British Serbian Chamber of Commerce and the Serbian Chamber of Commerce in Belgrade.
As always, our Trade Visit will enable you to learn more about the country, enjoy its culture and explore potential business opportunities. LSCC has excellent business and tourism related contacts in Serbia and, during the 4 days we will spend there, you can choose on an individual basis the daily emphasis you wish to place on these.
Four Star: £553 per person in double or twin room. Supplement £100 in single room.
Five Star: £653 per person in double or twin room. Supplement £200 in single room.
- Return direct flights between London Luton and Belgrade. The current Wizzair fare is £214. If you prefer to make your own flight arrangements, the prices quoted above will be discounted by this amount.
- Airport-hotel transfers by private coach (If on Wizzair flights)
- All other private coach transport
- 4 nights stay with breakfast in 4-star city centre hotel (Mark Hotel) OR 5-star (Saint Ten Hotel)
- All business briefings, business to business meetings & business appointments
- Serbian Chamber of Commerce lunch on 23rd May
- Day excursion to Vojvodina on 24th May
- Visit to Erdevic Winery and to Sisatovac Monastery on 24th May
- Half-day guided city tour of Belgrade
- 1. Prices are based on flights currently available. Prices rise, often daily, so early booking is essential.
- 2. The Chamber takes no responsibility for insurance. This is something you should arrange yourself.
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT Gerry MacDonagh: Tel 07958 58447; Email email@example.com _________________________________________________________________________
This is intended to offer a mix of business and tourism. You can choose your individual emphasis
Tuesday 22nd May
- Depart London Luton with Wizzair at 21.20; arrive Belgrade at 00.55 on 23rd May and transfer by private coach to 4-star Mark Hotel in the very centre of Belgrade
Wednesday 23rd May
- 11.00: Welcome cocktail and business briefing at Chamber of Commerce
- 13.00: Lunch at Chamber of Commerce
- 14.00: B2B meetings at Chamber of Commerce. For those not involved in B2B a boat trip will be arranged on the River Danube
- 16.00: Leisure time
Thursday 24th May Vojvodina
- 09.30 Depart by private coach for full-day excursion to Vojvodina (See notes) OR further B2B meetings in Belgrade
- 10.30 B2B meetings in Sheraton Hotel Novi Sad
- 12.30 Lunch in Sheraton Hotel Novi Sad
- 14.00 Visit to Erdevic Winery, followed by visit to Sisatovac Monastery (See Notes)
- 18.00 Return to Belgrade and evening meeting at Rotary Club of Belgrade
Friday 25th May
- 08.30/09.00 After breakfast, walk to Nikola Tesla Museum
- 10.00 Half-day guided city tour (approx. 3 hours)
- 13.30 Lunch at Ambar Restaurant (http:,,www.ambarrestaurant.com/home-page-belgrade)
- 15.00 At leisure or River Danube cruise
- 16.00 At leisure
Saturday 26th May
- 09.30 After breakfast, visit to the Royal Palace. The White Palace is the official residence of the Karadjordjevic royal family
- 12.00 Check-out from hotel, followed by leisure time
- 16.00 Private coach transfer to airport
- 18.50 Wizzair flight departure
- 20.50 Arrive London Luton airport
Depart hotel by private coach for airport and return to London
Vojvodina is an autonomous province in Serbia, located in the northern part of the country - in the Pannonian Plain. It is one of the most developed parts of Serbia. On arrival in Novi Sad there will be a short coach tour of the city, which is the second largest in Serbia.
Erdevic Winery is located in the village of Erdevic in the foothills of Alma Mons. Erdevic, with its three lakes, is one of the most beautiful villages in the area.