LSCC Visit to Marseille
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - Sunday, September 23, 2018
VISIT to MARSEILLE
19th to 23rd September 2018
The port city of Marseille is France's oldest and second largest city, founded by Greek traders 2,600 years ago. As is the case with many port cities, over the years it has had a rather chequered past but was European City of Culture in 2013 and since then some £500 million has been invested in museums, cultural centres and reclaiming abandoned water-fronts. It remains, nevertheless, a very lively and interesting multicultural city, fast acquiring a reputation as a place where style and history meet and now one of the most visited cities in France.
Service sector employment has been rising with a switch from light manufacturing to
a cultural high-tech economy and the region is home to thousands of companies, 90% of which are small and medium enterprises with fewer than 500 employees.
As always, our visit will enable you to learn more about the city and region, enjoy its culture and explore potential business opportunities. During the 4 days we will spend there, you can choose on an individual basis the daily emphasis you wish to place on business, culture, touring or simply relaxing and enjoying excellent local food.
Flying from Gatwick: £335 per person in double or twin room. Supplement £145 in single room.
Flying from Luton: £285 per person in double or twin room. Supplement £145 in single room.
- Return direct flights between London and Marseille.
- 4 nights stay with breakfast in 3-star city centre hotel
- All business briefings, business to business meetings & business appointments
- 1. Prices are based on flights currently available. Prices rise, often daily, so early booking is essential.
- 2. We will arrange the best method of transport between airport and city centre hotel with cost shared.
- 3. We are discussing with the Guided Tours Dept of Marseille Tourist Office a programme of visits and tours. These will be optional and people can choose on an individual basis whether or not to join a particular tour
- 4. The Chamber takes no responsibility for insurance. This is something you should arrange yourself.
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT
Gerry MacDonagh:Tel 07958 58447;
Email firstname.lastname@example.org _________________________________________________________________________