Friday, April 6, 2018
Striving To Make LSCC Better Than Ever
In October 2015, a membership survey was emailed out to all of our members asking for your opinion on how LSCC was doing.
As a result of the findings, LSCC is working to improve its services in the following ways:
1. Offer more opportunities for members to sell products and services eg Business Club meetings and luncheons;
- 2. Run Induction Evenings for new members to introduce them to other members and the resources available;
- 3. Publish a digital Newsletter to enable members to keep up-to-date with business news and to learn more about each other;
- 4. Strive to keep things fresh and continually add value;
- 5. Introduce an exclusive 'members only' scheme for discounts and by invitation only events.
1. Offer more opportunities for members to sell products and services eg Business Club meetings and luncheons.
We have introduced a number of showcase slots during our Business Club meetings and luncheons where we encourage members to give a formal 10-15 minute presentation about their company and products/services after the main business talk.
The presentations are ideal if you want to sell your products/services, or launch an exclusive offer to our members. They are also useful in helping to build your brand through exposure.
Opposite to speed networking, where you just about get enough time to say hello and exchange business cards, you will have the undivided attention of your audience for 10-15 minutes. Also, to maximise the time you have, your presence, you can give LSCC your wish list of members that you would like to attend. There are no promises as to whether your target audience will attend but at least LSCC can try to broker worthwhile business connections for you at these events.
If you are interested in presenting at a Business Club event or luncheon then please let Gerry know and he will schedule you in at a mutually convenient date.
2. Run Induction Evenings for new members to introduce them to other members and the resources available;
Our first induction evening took place during our Business Club meeting held on 21st January.
The new members left feeling welcome and much wiser about how their membership benefits and resources could be used to their best business advantage. Some long standing members attended as well so they could be reminded of the new services and products now available as well as a refresher on how to access and edit their online company profiles on the LSCC website.
3. Publish a digital Newsletter to enable members to keep up-to-date with business news and to learn more about each other;
A quarterly digital newsletter has been launched and the first issue was emailed out in October 2015 to 250 high quality contacts made up of members and other individuals and companies that LSCC met with at trade and networking events. We are also approaching other appropriate organisations to ask if they would consider emailing the Newsletter out to their contacts and staff.
The initial reaction to the format and articles has been good and we will be working hard to build the Newsletter's reputation within the business community so we can sell and showcase your company, its services and products the best we can.
Please let us know if you have an article or a piece of news that you would like to share with members and the wider business community. It's a free service, which other Chambers of Commerce will charge anything from £250 for.
4. Strive to keep things fresh and continually add value
We are currently working on some new ideas and one of them is the possibility of running educational or exploratory trips within the UK that focus on industry sectors, business or economic issues. So far, a gin or whisky distillery or the London Stock Exchange has been suggested.
We are also looking at the possibility of arranging some of the Business Club meetings at a member's premises, especially if they are showcasing their company, products/services.
5. Introduce an exclusive 'members only' scheme for discounts and by invitation only events.
One of the suggestions that regularly comes up from members is the request for LSCC to run an exclusive members only offer scheme but this has been quite a challenge encouraging members to take part.
However, we are at last starting to see more members, especially the newer ones, approach us with their ideas, discounts and offers. You will see that the list of offers in this newsletter is starting to grow and they are ones that will truly add value to being part of the LSCC community.
Also, did you know that each member is eligible for up to four hours of free marketing work per year and a website evaluation?